Getting first job is difficult task for any newbie freelancer. After paying huge membership fees and bidding on 30-50 jobs they hardly get any response from client.
Actually 80% clients never give any chance to any newbie freelancer. So how you can get your first job?
Let analyse what are reasons behind
- Incomplete profile All talent marketplaces like freelancer , upwork etc insist to complete the profile , Profile information is necessary .
- Add experience details in profile , Where ever you worked , when you worked , what was your job profile . Mention it in profile page.
- Add portfolio , All marketplaces requires portfolio . Add screenshots of websites , apps , banners , icons , graphics created by you.
- Add educational Information with highest educational qualification details
- Add a tag-line . Most of the freelancing websites like freelancer , upwork ,peopleperhour ask for a tagline , which is brief description of your profile and your skills.
- Add a nice pic of your. Adding pic enhances your profile , It also aid in probability to get hired by any employer. Adding your own pic will proof your uniqueness in freelancing marketplaces.
- Add a hourly rate on your profile. Best hourly rate for any wordpress developer is $15 -$35 per hour.
- After completing the profile , The next step is bidding , I have created many videos about how to bid on freelancer.
Always write compact , informative and project related proposal . Never provide bulk of links. If client had ask to share the links . share top 5 project related work done by you.
Also do a healthy discussion with client. Get all instruction before accepting the offer, Also do your best to make client happy. Same client will hire you repeatedly if he likes your work.